To run a JAR file from the command line in ubuntu using the following command:
java -jar filename.jar
Otherwise it is also possible to enable double clicking to run jar files too by the following simple steps:
- Find the .jar file in the File Browser (a.k.a Nautilus)
- Right click the .jar file > Properties
- Click on the “Open With” tab along the top
- Change the bullet to be Sun Java 6 Runtime
- Click Close and you’re done.
Now you should be able to just double click the file and it will run just like most other files!